Wednesday, August 09, 2006

People my age aren't supposed to die...

One of my best friends, Abby, called me today. I was in the middle of reading a Toxin comic book, and my mom answered the phone. She yelled that it was for me, so I grabbed the phone and the first thing Abby says to me is "Do you know Samantha H-------?" (I didn't feel right typing her full name on the internet, since this is a public blog.), so I say "Uh, yeah, I know who she is. She was in my language arts class. Why?" Abby answers with "Because she's dead."
Apperantly Samantha was in a car accident, with her dad and sister. She was the only one who died, but her dad's in a coma and her sister has a broken leg. It's just so weird to think that somebody I saw pretty much every weekday for the better part of a year... is dead. She was only about a year older than me. After I got off the phone with Abby, I got my yearbook out and looked up her picture. She looks so happy. It's really depressing. I didn't even really know her and I almost started crying when I saw how happy she looked. What was even sadder was that her parents bought her an entire half page in the back of the yearbook with two pictures of her on it that says "Samantha, you are the music of our hearts! Love, Mom and Dad." people who have parents who love them like that, and people who are that happy, they shouldn't have to die before they get to live out their lives. It isn't fair. And just a couple months ago she won the Humanitarian Award at our school. It's so unreal... I mean, to think that somebody I saw only a couple months ago, somebody my age who was perfectly healthy, is dead... It's really unreal and sad. God, I feel so horrible for her mother and sister. I'm not even sure which one I feel worse for. And I feel so bad for Samantha... that she didn't get to do everything she wanted to do in her life. She never got to drive a car, or even go through high school. She spent all that time and energy getting accepted to a high school, to die in a car accident before the summer's even over.
My god, that is so depressing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i been tryed a few i got pretty close tha 2nd tiem but listen charcoal taste liek shit even tha strawberry flavor i hate straberrien way

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home